1. The Project has been organized by the Charity Organization ‘Babyn Yar Holocaust Memorial
Charity Fund’ (hereinafter referred to as the Fund). The Project is an open-term one.
2. The Project is organized and implemented within the framework of implementation of the
documentary online project ‘Rozmova’ (‘A Conversation’) and its key objectives on the terms
set out in the Project description and in the present rules.
3. The Project aims to create a video collection of the stories told by contemporary Ukrainians as
well as to unite them into a community for exchanging ideas and views of the past, present and
future. The videos will help to create different-format and different-genre exposition projects for
the Fund’s online platform and for the future physical memorial. The work with the video
collection does not envisage re-interpretation of the sense of what is said by the project
participants. Video fragments can be used for promotion material production.
4. Every Ukrainian who has come of age may become a Project participant.
Every individual getting registered for participation via a special form on the website confirms
his/her consent to participation in the Project that will be implemented in accordance with the
above and below rules.
5. An individual whose interview is placed on the Fund’s website becomes a Project participant.
6. After the interview the procedure for which is described on the website within the section
‘Description of the ‘Rozmova’ (‘A Conversation’) Project’ is recorded, the video materials will
be moderated by the Fund’s representatives for the sake of ensuring compliance with the
requirements of the Ukrainian legislation and the Project rules and not limiting human right to
publicly express opinions that do not run counter to the legislation.
7. In particular, the Fund cannot allow placement on the website on the official Project page of an
interview containing information that foments or propagates hatred and enmity, calls for or
propagates war or violence, is of discriminatory nature and/or contains information and/or
images infringing human rights, ethical, humanistic, moral norms, ignoring decencies, containing
products, trade marks, names of any third persons as well as violating other requirements of the
8. If you have sent us an interview and have not found it on the website, that may well mean the
following: either the number of interviews does not allow us to quickly moderate them and it is
necessary to wait, or your interview contains the signs of violation of the norms of the Ukrainian
legislation or the present rules.
9. Taking into account the fact that the participant independently answers the questions, selects
the place, clothes and image, and other things in which (s)he has the interview recorded, we will
ask you to treat this process in a responsible manner. Unfortunately, limited technical and
temporal possibilities do not enable to edit or change the content of the interview upon the
participant’s request after it is recorded. Also, we cannot ensure removal of your interview upon
your request after it is sent and/or placed. For the same reasons we ask you not to invite any
minor children, other members of your family or any third persons to participate in your video,
and we ask you not to use audio- or video materials which do not belong to you.
10. We urge you to be responsible about the content of your statements. If they are not reliable or
if they are of offensive or deceitful nature, this leading to the infringement of the rights of the
third persons or the Ukrainian legislation, that will be your personal responsibility.
11.Taking part in the Project, you and every individual who has shared his/her story carries out
his/her charitable activity through free-of-charge (as a donation) provision of the Fund with all
(in full scope) exclusive intellectual property rights to the interview and gives permission to the
use of personal non-proprietary rights to the interview without any limitation in terms of the
period, territory and ways of usage. At the same time, the Fund will ensure the use of each
participant’s interview placed on the website babynyar.org (hereinafter referred to as the Website) in
different ways, but exclusively for the sake of implementation of the Project, in particular, for its
promotion or implementation of the Fund’s charity activity objectives. The goal of usage
constitutes the only limitation as far as the way of using intellectual property – interview – is
12. The Fund acquires the right to change the integrity of the interview of each participant
through processing, in particular, changing the form, creating derivative pieces using the content,
translating, at the same time guaranteeing that the content of this or that statement of the
participant and the interviewer is not distorted.
13. The content of the interview will be analyzed for the sake of determining its key topics that
will be tagged (marked as sense categories). They enable to make selections of interviews on the
website by the key senses, characteristics and words.
14. The data you will provide during registration via the website form for interview holding may
further be used for creating your profile on the website, which, in particular, will enable you,
other participants and site visitors to send personal messages. If you don’t want to get such
messages via your profile, put the respective tick in the profile via the website. Bear it in mind
that you are responsible for the content of your correspondence in your profile and for your
actions on the website yourself; never give the password for your user account to any third
15. Indicating your personal data in the interview and in your profile, use reliable information. It
will help to make analysis of the interview and the Project in general reliable and representative.
Providing unreliable information, you undertake the responsibility for possible violations of the
law or the rights of third persons due to such violations.
16. Giving your interview and information on the website, you confirm your consent to the Fund
to their collection, use, including, but not limited to, your surname, name, profession, age,
education; to the processing and preservation by the Fund and/or contractors engaged by it. At
the same time, we assure you that the Fund will not disclose your phone numbers and residence
address, even if you indicate them. But we ask you to keep from disclosing such information,
and also the Fund does not ask for and does not collect any payment information or passport data
or other official documents.
17. Giving your interview, getting registered via the form placed on the website, in particular,
through registration in social media, or by sending video materials, you confirm your consent to
video recording of your interview using your name and image. The Fund will not hide or change
your name and image, due to the purposes of ensuring reliability of the information received
18. In case you send any additional materials, video or audio to the address indicated on the
website, the Fund may use them following the same procedure and in the same scope as set for
the interview in the present rules.
19. In case you have decided to become an interviewer and to shoot a video on your own, please,
make sure that the person you are interviewing is familiarized with the present rules and Project
description and is ready to follow them as a participant. To confirm this, ask this person at the
beginning of the video to produce the text with the following message: ‘I am giving this
interview within the documentary online project ‘Rozmova’(‘A Conversation’) for the Charity
Organization ‘Babyn Yar Holocaust Memorial Charity Fund’.
20. If you have decided to become an interviewer, by sending the video record of the interview to
the address and/or following the procedure mentioned on the website, you carry out your
charitable activity through free-of-charge provision of the Fund with all (in full scope) exclusive
intellectual property rights to the interview and give the permission to the use of personal non-
proprietary rights to the interview, your name and image without any limitation in terms of the
period, territory and ways of usage. For business accounting purposes, the interviewer and the
Fund have agreed on the cost of rights mentioned in the present paragraph, it making up 120.00
UAH (one hundred twenty hryvnias zero kopecks). To avoid any misunderstanding, a participant
shall not make any payments in the Fund’s favour, the only form of charitable donation is
transfer of exclusive intellectual property rights to the interview where you are involved as an
interviewer. Besides that, the Fund will ensure using the interview that will be placed on the
website in different ways, but only for the sake of the Project implementation, in particular, its
promotion, or implementation of the goals of the Fund’s charitable activity. The goal of usage
constitutes the only limitation as far as the way of using intellectual property – interview – is
21. A participant or other persons taking part in the interview are creating the Project together
with the Fund with their participation and transfer of intellectual property rights to the interview,
and the relations established between the Fund and the participants taking part in the interview
and/or the Project shall be bound by obligations, and unilateral refusal to perform the
commitments under the agreement the core provisions of which are set out in the Rules shall not
22. The Fund may make any amendments and/or addenda in the present rules, ensuring at the
same time that they do not run counter to the goal of the Project. The present rules, the same as
amendments made in them, take effect starting with the date they are placed on the website babynyar.org.